About the British Institute for Learning & Development (The BILD)
Be Excellent, Be Recognised
The British Institute for Learning & Development ® is a registered charity: 328229
To professionalise the Learning & Development industry and to achieve excellence and recognition in Learning and Development profession.
To support the development and success of our members, the BILD will:
- Professional status of individual members through membership grades, aligned to TAP qualifications.
- Members' interests through the formulation of policies and standards associated with the learning and development industry.
- The interests and reputation of Learning and Development professionals nationally and globally.
- Respond by providing:
- A valued range of membership services.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development (CPD).
- Leadership and support to drive excellence and professionalism in Learning and Development.
TAP - The Training Accreditation Programme
The Training Accreditation Programme (TAP) has been focused on professionalising Learning & Development, at both function and individual practitioner levels, since 1998.
Much more than a 'train the trainer' programme, TAP was recognised by a Queen's Award for Enterprise Innovation in 2005. It is now an international standard, with some 1,400 organisations employing 27,000+ TAP-certified trainers in more than 30 Countries.
The Training Foundation is a leading provider of Learning and Development Qualifications.